To my dearest, most favorite husband 

My dearest, most favorite husband,

Last night we argued about something stupid. It was mostly me yelling & being frustrated & you laughing at me until I cracked a smile. Then you scratched my back until I fell asleep. This morning you told me I was so tired I snored, and that I laughed at you in my sleep when you try to push my head to the side. 

(I don’t remember it, but one of my favorite things to do is laugh at/with you, so I believe you.) 

I sometimes worry we got married too early. We were babies, with no concept of how to adult. I wonder what opportunities we missed out on bc we were barely hanging on. 

But then I think about what my life could have possibly been like without you in it in those first, early years, and I’m not sure I would have even survived. 

You held me together when my life fell apart. You were beside me the entire time while I became a shell of myself & you helped me become a person again. I became a different person than the girl you had married, but you’ve Loved me harder through it & for it. 

Thank you for loving me...as I am now & as I was. Thank you for never noticing any of my weight fluctuations.  For loving & embracing my dorkiness, for never making me explain or question myself. For never expecting me to keep a super clean house, or cook every night, or walk the dog at night. Thanks for picking up my slack when I had no energy or accidentally spent my day off reading instead of doing laundry. 

Thank you for laughing at me, with me & for letting me laugh at you. For letting me wipe my eyes on your sleeve when I tear up during Publix commercials, sob into your chest with grief, and for rarely being the reason I cry.

When I was planning our wedding, I was talking to my mom & I just started crying because I loved you *so much.* She hugged me then laughed at me. When I was walking down the aisle towards you I started ugly sobbing & have NO pretty pictures of me coming down the aisle (you were crying too.) 

I knew from our first date that you were who I was going to be with. You felt like home from the beginning. Beginning and ending my days with you is one of the happiest, best parts of my life.

You are everything. You were my original end game. And even if we never have children, I would be happy with our family of 2. You’re enough for me.

I’m so proud of who you’ve become. I’m so proud to be your wife. Our life together is amazing, and most of that can be credited to your unending patience, humor & love. Thank you for loving me as well as you do. 

I love you, I love you, I love you. A million times. Thank you for the last 9 years. I’m so excited for the next 90. 

I love you so, So, SO much,

Susan



Comments

Popular Posts